Holland Beckett has a specialised Maori Legal Unit who have the experience to assist in all aspects of law where Maori related issues arise.
We offer advice in dealing with all aspects of the Te Ture Whenua M膩ori Act 1993 including dealing with M膩ori land, incorporations and trusts and appearances in the M膩ori Land Court.
Through our Environment & Resource Management team we are also able to advise on Maori related environmental law issues.
We advise on:
- Dealing with Maori land, incorporations and trusts and Maori Land Court appearances
- Post-Treaty settlement structuring and advice on commercial and property transactions
- Best good governance practice, including Trustee & Incorporation roles and responsibilities
- Maori related resource management issues
- Intellectual Property (with Maori Interests)
We act for Maori entities and clients that allow us to be bold and innovative in response to the legal issues relating to Papakainga development.聽 In this respect our Maori legal lawyers are unmatched in understanding the unique expectations and requirements not only of owners, trusts and incorporations, but also local and central government authorities (for example, district or city councils, regional councils; Heritage New Zealand where there are heritage sites; and Housing New Zealand and Kiwibank where lending is involved).聽